A college In Pursuit Of a Brighter Future.
Nakodar , The house of goodness as its name denotes was founded by Baba Malik in the memory of his disciple Naka Pehalwan .True to its spirituals roots ,the city still bathes in its spirituals fragrance . It has the unique distinction of being blessed by the Great Saints from time to time and its religious importance has become a part of its history , presence and life. A famous mosque of Baba Murad Shah ji, Bara Dari, Lord Shiva ji Temple, and the visit of some saints of holy Marden lineage speak volumes for the truly secular religious co- existence of its people. Nakodar – The historic town once on the royal road from Agra to Lahore ceased to see the royal caravans after the decline of the Mughal Empire. The royalty whose remnants are still seen in the form of tombs of their vassals relegated into background and the resurgence came only recently in the form of prosperity of the peasantry who even went abroad to earn huge fortunes. The social change brought about by this economic prosperity created yearning for education in the hearts of the old and the young alike. The elder generation, a galaxy of states and National Level leaders of whom this area is rightly proud, took it upon themselves to establish seats of higher learning in this town. The inspiration came to them from the quincentenary celebrations of Shri GURU NANAK DEV, Thus came in existence GURU NANAK NATIONAL Institutions in 1970. Enthusiastic response that awaited this venture on the part of the youth of the area encouraged the preceptors to go ahead with their plans to establish a first women’s institution also, because the girls who received higher education had to undergo all possible hazards to receive it. The only two ways for the girls desirous of receiving higher education were either being day – scholar or staying in the boarding house which were quite expensive.
Aims and objectives
- To produce young women who along with being job skilled are adept to address the large issues of life and become effective in building strong and modern India.
- To make every student employable through holistic education and development of right skills.
- To develop national spirit and respect for our culture in the students and in society also.
- To ensure physical,mental and moral growth of the students.
- To facilitate the encouragement and spread of women education.
- To inculcate the spirit of co-operation and healthy competition amongst the students.
- To motivate the students towards creativity,team-spirit,discipline with dedication and devotion.
- ਕਾਲਜ ਦਾ ਉਦੇਸ਼ ਅਜਿਹੀ ਨਾਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਿਰਮਾਣ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਦੇ ਮਸਲਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਹੱਲ ਕਰਨ ਅਤੇ ਭਾਰਤ ਦੀ ਨੀਂਹ ਨੂੰ ਮਜਬੂਤ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਹਾਈ ਸਾਬਿਤ ਹੋਣ।
- ਕਾਲਜ ਦਾ ਮੰਤਵ ਵਿਦਿਆਰਥਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸਰਵਪੱਖੀ ਸਿੱਖਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਦਾਨ ਕਰਦਿਆਂ ਹੋਇਆਂ ਰੁਜ਼ਗਾਰ ਦੇ ਮੌਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਦਾਨ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ।
- ਵਿਦਿਆਰਥਣਾਂ ਅੰਦਰ ਸਮਾਜ ,ਸੱਭਿਆਚਾਰ ਅਤੇ ਰਾਸ਼ਟਰ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਸਤਿਕਾਰਯੋਗ ਭਾਵਨਾਵਾਂ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ।
- ਵਿਦਿਆਰਥਣਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਰੀਰਕ, ਮਾਨਸਿਕ , ਨੈਤਿਕ ਵਿਕਾਸ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ-ਨਾਲ ਸਿਹਤ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਨੂੰ ਯਕੀਨੀ ਬਣਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ।
- ਕਾਲਜ ਦਾ ਉਦੇਸ਼ ਵਿਦਿਆਰਥਣਾਂ ਅੰਦਰ ਰਚਨਾਤਮਿਕਤਾ, ਮਿਲਵਰਤਣ ਦੀ ਭਾਵਨਾ ਅਤੇ ਅਨੁਸ਼ਾਸ਼ਨ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ।
courses under Human Resources Development Authority, Govt of India, New Delhi
Dress Designing is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Dress Designing is influenced by cultural and social latitudes and has varied over time and place.
The art of cosmetology and beauty culture dates back to the Ice age where hair-cutting and styling were practiced and implements were shaped from sharpened flints, oyster shells, or bone.
Fashion Designing has become one of the most sought after career option in the recent years. A short term Diploma in Fashion Designing can be a great option for such students.